- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Dog and Cat Surgery at Centennial Animal Hospital
Pets can benefit from many of the same types of medical treatment as their human owners -- including, from time to time, surgery. If you need to schedule dog or cat surgery, it's reassuring to know that you have access to a top-quality veterinary surgery provider -- and Centennial Animal Hospital wants to be that provider. Our Colorado Springs veterinarians can provide your pet with the finest standard of care, from pre-operative evaluations to sophisticated surgical techniques and post-operative per medications.
Cat and Dog Surgery Options in Colorado Springs
Cat and dog surgery can range from routine preventative procedures to life-or-death emergency treatments. Fortunately, our veterinary surgery team is thoroughly experienced in a wide range of procedures and techniques covering every aspect of primary surgical care. We can provide such common form of pet surgery as:
- Spay and neuter surgery - These types of surgery involve removal of the female or male reproductive organs. Surgical sterilization is a surefire way to prevent pregnancy, but it's also an important means of protecting your pet against potentially deadly ovarian, uterine or testicular cancers, as well as the hormone-fueled misbehaviors that can lead to injury.
- Orthopedic surgery - Ruptured knee ligaments, a broken leg, hip dysplasia and severe arthritis can all hobble your pet's quality of life. We can perform orthopedic pet surgery to modify a damaged knee joint, modify or replace hip joints, remove damaged cartilage and fuse joints to relieve the agonies of arthritis.
- Internal surgery - Your veterinarian in Colorado Springs can perform exploratory internal pet surgery, remove tumors that cause pain or obstruction, repair damaged/dysfunctional organs and administer other procedures as needed.
- External surgery - We can remove lumps or lesions from your pet's skin, examining them to see whether a possible case of skin cancer calls for additional treatment. We can also provide surgical care for eyes, ears, paws, tails and other external features.
- Dental surgery - Surgical extraction of diseased or damaged teeth can often save the neighboring teeth and relieve serious infections. We can also treat oral cancer or injuries through surgery.
- Emergency surgery - Emergency surgery could save your pet's life. Your veterinarian in Colorado Springs can treat bloat (twisted digestive organs), remove foreign objects from the airway or digestive system, perform emergency C-sections, stop bleeding, remove urinary system blockages, close deep lacerations and more.
Schedule Pet Surgery From Your Colorado Springs Veterinary Surgeon today!
Your Colorado Springs veterinary surgeon will keep you clued in on every aspect of your pet's surgery. We use general anesthesia with the greatest care and attention to detail, watching your pet's vital signs closely throughout. Following the surgery, we will prescribe antibiotics, painkillers or other pet medications as needed while advising you on how to supervise your pet's recuperation at home. Experience the Centennial Animal Hospital difference by calling 719-528-1693 to schedule veterinary surgery today!